Tomatoey egg bake
source: Linde, with own inspiration. Serves 2.
- 1 onion
- 1 red paprika
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette (or 2 small ones, preferably)
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- bit of garlic
- salt, other currylike spicing
- (brown) rice, boiled with some bay leaves and yellow powder stuff
- pre-heated oven (±200 degrees)
Note: this recipe has in the meantime been tried and found
scrumptious. Eat at the risk of forever disliking other dishes.
- Better start with the rice. I added some bay leaves and the yellow
powder stuff (yeah turmeric).
- Heat up some oil a lot and add enough ground cumin. When hot, add
diced eggplant and roast.
- Also add diced onion, courgette, paprika, in roughly that order.
- Now for some spice. I added (among others): salt (important), curry
powder (Rajah hot and Pingo Doce brand…), paprika powder, parsley,
- Toss in the tin of chopped tomatoes and mix/heat properly.
- Turf all this into a dish, make two (or whatever seems right) holes
and fill with raw eggs.
- Place in the oven and wait. Interested to see if this turns out