Puy lentil, parsnip & walnut salad
- 6 parsnips
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 250g puy lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g walnuts
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3tbsp walnut oil
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar (we used balsamic)
- 2tsp runny honey
- 0.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 clove garlic
- large bunch of rocket leaves
- a few shavings of (vegetarian) hard cheese, optional.
- preheat oven to 200C. Peel parsnips, cut into batons about 5x1cm.
- Finely chop shallot and garlic.
- Bring stock to the boil and add lentils and bay leaf, simmer gently until lentils tender (30 min, lentils must retain bite).
- Drain lentils and discard bay leaf. Set aside.
- Place walnuts on baking tray and toast in oven until lightly brown.
- Remove walnuts and place parsnips on tray, adding the olive oil. Roast for 35 min until golden.
- Make dressing by combining ingredients.
- Toss together in a bowl. Serve on bed of rocket salad, adding the cheese if desired.