Fake Thai green curry
Fake prefab Thai green curry with tofu
Source: Paul D. and C.
Serve with basmati rice.
Grab a brick of nice firm tofu. Dice it, heat rice bran oil till it’s
hot, then fry the cubes. Be patient and don’t perturb them too much
otherwise they won’t go crispy. Chuck them onto a plate with kitchen
paper once they’re all golden brown.
For the curry
- Your friendly grocer’s prefab green curry paste
- 400mL tin of coconut milk
- Big onion, halved then sliced
- A large broccoli, coarsely chopped (don’t discard the stalks,
they’re food too - just cube ‘em up smaller)
- 1 or 2 red paprika, coarsely chopped
- 1 or 2 cob of corn, remove husk and slice the yellow bits off
Optional fresh basil for adding right at the end.
- Put a large pan for which you have a lid on a medium heat and add 2
tbsp oil, fry the onions a bit. Add half a jar of the green curry
paste, fry until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk.
- Add the vegetables.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are prêt.
- Stir the fried tofu into the mixture, serve on rice.