Ingredients for brigadeiros
For one portion:
- 1 can of condensed milk;
- 4 (soup) spoonful of cocoa powder;
- 30-50g (one (soup) spoonful) of unsalted butter;
- 50g of “Chocolade cripsbolletjes”.
You can use salted butter and it may enhance the flavor, depending on
- Put everything in a pan large enough to give you room to mix it.
Notice you might need to mix a little fast at the end, so relatively
tall pans are preferable.
- Mix it with a wooden spoon until it is more or less homogeneous.
- Put the pan on low heat and keep mixing. Remember to clean up the
edges and keep stirring the bottom so it doesn’t stick/burn and
don’t stop stirring. At first it’s going to soften a lot but after a
while it’s going to harden.
- Every now and then try to turn the pan so that you can check the
bottom. When it is viscous enough for the mix to fall as a block and
you can see small bubbles being formed at the bottom, it should be
time to take out of the heat.
- Leave it to cool down on its own for some minutes and then it’s
ready to put on the fridge.
- Spread the “cripsbolletjes” on a soup plate.
- Spread some butter on your hands.
- With a spoon, take small portions from the pan and make small balls
by rolling it against both of your hands.
- Spread it around on the soup plate so it gets the “cripsbolletjes”.
- Make another one after you notice you’ve eaten that one before
showing anyone else.
- Seriously, stop eating this as soon as you make them.
- Diabetes! Sweet, sweet diabetes.